Berea Church of Christ Core Beliefs
We believe the Bible to be the complete Word of God.
- That the 66 books of the Old and New Testament were inspired by the Spirit of God as originally written
- That the Bible is the final authority in all matters of faith and conduct · 2 Timothy 3:16
We believe in one God, Creator of all, holy, sovereign, eternal, existing in three equal Persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit
We believe in the absolute and essential deity of our Lord Jesus Christ
- In His eternal existence, with the Father in pre-incarnate glory
- In His work of creation, in His virgin birth, sinless life, substitutionary death and bodily resurrection
- In His triumphant ascension, mediatorial ministry and personal return
The Holy Spirit
We believe in the absolute and essential deity, and in the personality of the Holy Spirit
- Who convinces of sin, of righteousness and of judgment
- Who regenerates, indwells, seals, sanctifies, illuminates and comforts those who believe in Jesus Christ
- Who dwells inside every Christian when they give their lives to Christ in obedience to the Gospel.
We believe that person is made in the image of God and is sinless at birth.
- That we remain in a relationship with God until we disobey God and are viewed by Him as a sinner.
- This is that time in one's own life that they reach an age (which varies from person to person) as the age of accountability
We believe that salvation is by the sovereign grace of God
- That through the death of Christ on the cross, all of mankind can be saved through the atonement of the blood of Christ.
- That justification is through faith in the all-sufficient sacrifice and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ
- That we accept the gift of salvation by belief in Christ, repentance of our sins, confession of our faith and baptism into Jesus.