Covid 19 Update
Announcement from the Elders
Updated: January 24, 2021
Dear brothers and sisters,
Over the last few weeks it has become apparent that the Covid 19 pandemic is surging again and we have a number of our members who have contracted the virus. Due to this change in the situation and new guidelines set by the Governor we wanted to reinforce our earlier comments and remind everyone of the need to protect yourselves and those we are called to serve. We will have two Sunday morning services at 8:30am and 10:00am. Both services will be Mask Required. If you do not have a mask one will be provided so you can attend safely. For now, we will not have Bible classes on Sunday mornings. However, effective Sunday, January 31st, we will resume Sunday Evening service at 5:00 pm and Wednesday Evening service at 6:30 pm at the church building. We are tentatively looking re-start Bible Classes with a few modifications on Sunday, February 14th. Please continue to keep the following guidelines in mind:
1. If you are sick or immune system compromised or have to been exposed to someone with the virus please stay home and worship with us online.
2. Please take your temperature before leaving home and wear a face mask.
3. Ushers will be assisting in seating to ensure appropriate social distancing. Hand sanitizer stations have been set up.
4, We will be using prepackaged communion kits and they, along with the offering trays , will be available inside the lobby for you to pick up your kits and make your contribution. No trays will be passed around during services. Trash cans will be at the exits and we ask that you drop your used kits off as you exit.
5. No attended nursery services will be provided. Parents may utilize nursery if they remain with their child.
6. As hard as it will be PLEASE DO NOT shake hands, touch or hug anyone outside of your family unit.
7. No food or drink, except for small children, will be allowed in the building. No more than two people at a time should be in the restroom facilities.
8. At the dismissal of services we ask that you exit the building thru the lobby or front exit so that we can sanitize the building before the next service.
9. Entrance doors will be propped open when we are ready for you to begin entering the building. Between services the doors will be locked while we sanitize and prepare for the next service,
2nd Timothy 1:7 says, “For God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power and of love and a sound mind” and this is what will always drive our decisions. These have been difficult times for many and we all need to do our part to ensure that everything we do is with a mind toward protecting the health of those we are all called to serve while still providing the saints with an opportunity to gather for worship. Wearing a mask, proper hand washing and sanitizing along with social distancing is a small price to pay for us to continue to be together. Please contact any of the elders with suggestions or comments and pray for all the sick and for us as we make these decisions and suggestions.